Spread the love
Tadka Khichdi is a delicious twist on traditional khichdi. It is not only healthy but also nutritious and high in dietary fiber. When you don’t want to eat anything heavy or oily, this khichdi is a great option.
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1 cup Dal
- 1 medium Chopped onion
- 1 medium Chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chopped green chilies
- to taste Salt
- to taste Sugar
- 1 tsp Jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp Haldi powder
- 1 tsp Dhania powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Heat ghee
- A pinch of Hing
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1 Whole red chili
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- To garnish freshly chopped coriander leaves
Follow Some Steps
- Cook the dal and chawal with the haldi and salt. Set aside.
- In a kadhai, heat the oil and then add the onion, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, tomatoes, salt, sugar, jeera powder, haldi powder, dhania powder, garam masala powder, and red chili powder.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Transfer the dal and chawal to the tomato-onion mixture and cook until the mixture is semi-dry.
- Finally, in a pan, heat ghee and add hing, jeera, whole red chilli, and Kashmiri red chilli powder, stirring constantly until the jeera splutters.
- Pour the tadka over the khichdi when it's done.
- Serve garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves and a spoonful of ghee.