Kheer is a rice pudding that is popular throughout India. It is similar to rice payasam, which is popular in south Indian households. Rice kheer, a popular Indian dessert, can be made quickly and easily with just a few ingredients.
6 Cups milk, full cream
1/2 cup rice (washed)
1 cup sugar
4 green cardamoms
10-12 almonds (shredded), blanched
Follow Some Steps
- In a large saucepan, bring the rice and milk to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and the milk has thickened.
- When finished, stir in the sugar, raisins, and cardamoms.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place in a serving dish and top with almonds.