Profoundly flavorful, that is the thing that this Matar Kachori is! You could never have, truly, tasted a kachori with a particularly flavourful filling.
Squashed green peas are energized with a somewhat sweet variety of flavors, of which nigella seeds truly stick out, with their conspicuous flavor. You will likewise partake in the delicate surface of the filling, which repudiates the dry, liquefy in-the-mouth covering!
Ingredients For Matar Kachori Pastry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, you can also use whole wheat flour or both the flours in the half-half ratio
- 1 tablespoon oil or ghee, I used sunflower oil
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt or add as required
For Matar Kachori Stuffing
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon fennel powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala or add as per taste
- ½ teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder) or add as per taste
- ½ teaspoon green chili-ginger paste or crushed or minced green chili & ginger – use about ½ inch of ginger and ½ or 1 green chili and then crush them in a mortar & pestle
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon besan (gram flour or chickpea flour)
- 2 teaspoons oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- salt as required
- 2 to 3 cups oil
Follo some Step
1: sieve flour with salt and baking powder.
2: add oil.
3: with your fingertips mix the oil with the flour and form a breadcrumb-like consistency.
5: knead into a dough which is smooth and firm. The dough should not be sticky. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 30-40 mins.
6: in the meantime now prepare the filling. Boil the peas. Strain and keep aside. You can boil the peas in a steamer or pressure cooker. The potatoes were added to some other dish